#2 Reading with your Child
Reading with your child is very important to allow your child to become comfortable with becoming a successful reader, as well as help elicit and increase speech and language.
When reading a book to your child be sure to:
- Point to print when reading aloud to them.
- Point to pictures and say name to the different objects
- Associate the words and the pictures and their meaning
- Encourage to ask them questions throughout the story
- Have them repeat to you what they think is happening in the picture/ or what will happen next.
- Be sure to have the child turn the pages
- Enjoy the time and HAVE FUN!