#5 Does Your child have a raspy/hoarse voice? Vocal Hygiene is Key!
Some children may experience a raspy/hoarse voice. Some causes can be noisy environments they child may feel the need to yell, scream, some children may talk excessively, some children may not be staying hydrated etc.
Tips for Good Vocal Hygiene to implement throughout a daily routine:
- Encourage child to face someone when speaking in noisy environments so they don’t have to yell.
- Encourage child not to scream often
- If your child is an excessive talker have them take “vocal naps” during the day. 20-30 minutes of no talking.
- Encourage child to self monitor voice and keep a journal of vocal use. This will allow them to become more aware of their vocal behaviors.
- Stay hydrated 8-10 glasses of water